Monday 10 March 2008

Prep (updated 10th march)

6 weeks to swimathon, 2.5km to swim, and a pear shaped belly. Not too good a combination eh?

-

I'll be attempting to do 3 swims a week, each week untill the 19th of April. Hopefully that will get me sufficiently prepared for the swimathon. =D

I checked out the swim times for the 1500m freestyle event and currently the world record is held by Grant Hackett with a time of 14:34.56. That averages out to about 1.7m/s and I know that its impossible for me to swim at that speed. But I thought that I'd be happy to try be half a world record holder and swim at half his speed. That means that I should be swimming 2.5km in about 48 minutes or so. Hence, my aim is to finish the 2.5km swim under a time of 48 minutes.

I thought that keeping a log of my training times would be a great way to keep all of you updated on my preparation. Here goes:

Monday 3rd March- 1.75km swim, 34:40.75
Wednesday 5th March- 2.0km, 38:34.44
Friday 7th March- the pool was too crowded.. so I didn't time myself
Monday 10th March- 2.0km, 37:41.98
Wednesday 12th March- 2.5km, 47:20.75

3 comments:

colin said...

Wah...challenging Hackett's time? :)

How bout going for the Malaysian record? :) It still belongs to Jeffrey Ong...1500m in 15:23...so that would be average about 1.6m/s...and if u do half the speed, u should complete 2.5km in 52 minutes or so :) Heheheh....

Train hard, train well, keep up the good work!

Spilinmy said...

hahaa.. I'll try my best.. thanks colin!

colin said...

Well done! Keep it up!
(13 March)