Thursday 6 March 2008

Answers..

Hey all, I was in the study room this afternoon doing some work when a friend came up to me and asked me a few questions regarding the swimathon. I thought I'd might as well post the questions he asked and the answers to the questions just in case anyone else is a little curious.

1. Are you really going to swim the 2.5km?
Yes, I am and hopefully without any casualties too =D

2. How much are you planning to raise?
I'm planning to raise at least 150 pounds.

3. What if you don't reach your fund-raising target?
Urmm.. I'll have to sell my belongings. No, nothing will happen if I don't reach the target. The target is a personal goal that I'm aiming to raise. I'm really hoping to be able to reach it or even surpass the target.

4. What if you don't finish the 2.5km swim?
What kind of question is that? =D urmm.. well, I'm really hoping to be able to finish the swim, hence the rigourous training. I can't guarantee that I'll finish the 2.5km swim, so you'll have to take my word for it. =P In any case, Marie Curie will still be receivnig the funds.

5. What if you don't finish it below the 48minute mark?
Don't know..

6. So why did the chicken cross the road?
they were playing galah-panjang.

No, my friend didn't really ask that last question. However, I'll include some other questions that some of you might have about the swimathon:

7. Where does the donated money go to?
70% of the funds received will go to the Marie Curie Cancer Care. The other 30% will go to the swimathon foundation. I won't be receiving any part of the funds. Any costs incurred for participation or training purposes have been paid by me.

8. So, why are you swimming for charity?
I enjoy swimming. Marie Curie Cancer Care needs to raise money. Put them two together and *poof* you get your answer. Personally, I like the way Markus put it:

'I could always donate some money directly to a given charity, and try convincing a few others to do the same. But persuading others to donate money ain’t easy. For many, supporting a friend may strike closer to home than “helping alleviate global poverty and disease”.'

9. How can I help?
You can help by helping me reach my fund-raising target. Visit http://my.artezglobal.com/personalPage.aspx?SID=228679 to make an online donation. Click on the 'sponsor me' button and it'll take a few minutes to fill in your details. Alternatively, you can join the swimathon as well. Visit http://www.swimathon.org/index.php for more information.

No comments: